Homecoming & Reunion Weekend 2017
Registration opens July 17
Lodging & Accommodations
Several exciting changes have been made to Homecoming 2017 to make it even better…
- Friday afternoon "Cornell Connections: Student-Alumni Networking Reception" on the Orange Carpet
- Friday night “Moonlight Lounge,” a casual cash bar where you will find all your friends
- Two lunch options on Saturday: lunch in the Thomas Commons or a football tailgate at Ash Park
- Affinity socials for alumni of color and LGBTQIA alumni on Saturday afternoon
- Decade rooms for reunion parties in the Thomas Commons - classes ending in -2 and -7 will be honored but all are welcome
- An alumni-student Saturday night social on the Orange Carpet featuring dueling pianos!
Class of 1967 50th Reunion
Class Agent: David Klaus
In celebration of the 100th anniversary of Cornell College’s Homecoming in 2013, the Office of Alumni Engagement & Annual Giving and the Alumni Association introduced a new tradition: Reunion Awards. Reunion Awards recognize outstanding reunion class performance in giving participation and reunion attendance. Award recipients are announced at the All-Alumni Kick-Off dinner. Classes celebrating 5th-45th reunions are considered for the following awards:
- Purple Pride Award: Awarded to the reunion class with the highest percentage of returning alumni. Participation is based on registrations as of Friday morning of Homecoming.
- Solid as a Rock Award: Awarded to the class with the highest percent of donors. Donors will be counted from July 1, 2015 through the Friday of Homecoming at noon.
- President’s Award: Awarded to the class with the most dollars raised. Donations will be counted from July 1, 2015 through the Friday of Homecoming at noon.
Spread the word about Homecoming by using #HomeOnTheHilltop on Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram! Photos posted on Instagram or Twitter that use #HomeOnTheHilltop and #UpShow will have posts appear on the Thomas Commons digital wall during Homecoming weekend.
Stay tuned for your Homecoming 2017 Social Media Tool Kit!