Whether it's on the Hilltop or off campus, Cornellians are committed to staying connected throughout their lifetimes. Students have multiple opportunities to build relationships with fellow Cornell students and with alumni throughout their four years at the college.
The Purple Pride Initiative is a series of community-building activities that bring each class year together on the Hilltop. Every class year, first-year to senior, has a designated Purple Pride event that connects students to each other and with alumni to promote a sense of belonging with Cornell.
- Care for Cornell Day--Saturday, October 15, 2016
- Sophomore Year
- Half-way There Celebration--April 2017
- Junior Year
- Cornell Connections Student-Alumni Networking Social--Friday, October 21, 2016
- Senior Year
- Senior Year Gift Campaign--January to March 2017
- New Alumni Orientation--March 2017
Purple Pride activities are coordinated by the Purple Pride Ambassadors in collaboration with the Office of Alumni Engagement and Annual Giving. Contact Sam Angell '10 with questions.
Purple Pride Ambassadors connect Cornellians across generations. Through shared experiences, events, and personal interactions, Purple Pride Ambassadors nurture a sense of pride and promote philanthropy to enhance the Cornell community worldwide.
Purple Pride Ambassadors are student volunteers who:
- Develop valuable leadership, communication, and networking skills.
- Connect students and alumni through programs and personal interactions.
- Promote a culture of pride and philanthropy among the student body. Provide student leadership for alumni programming.
The Senior Gift Campaign is a student lead initiative. The success of the Senior Gift Campaign relies on committed and motivated Committee members who can reach out to and connect with every member of their class to continue Cornell's tradition of philanthropy.