Ways to Give
Choose the method that allows you to impact Cornell most conveniently.
Make a gift online
Visit my.cornellcollege.edu/give to make your gift online.
Become a Sustaining Partner with an automatic monthly or quarterly gift
To become a sustaining partner, fill out the online giving form and complete the following information:
- Select "Make my gift an automatic monthly or quarterly donation as a Sustaining Partner"
- Indicate the frequency of your gift by select the date you want the donation to be deducted from your account and whether you want it deducted monthly or quarterly
Make your gift by phone
Call us at (319) 895-4248 or toll-free at (877) 683-7666.
Send your gift through the mail
Send a personal or certified check, made payable to Cornell College, to
Office of Advancement
600 First Street SW
Mount Vernon, IA 52314-1098
Find out if your employer will match your gift
Double or even triple your gift's impact on Cornell! Thousands of companies offer a match for their employees' charitable giving. Best of all, you are recognized for the full amount of your own gift plus any resulting corporate match. Find out if your employer matches charitable donations.
Give a gift of stock or appreciated assets
For many, a stock portfolio is one of their most valuable assets, and one that can carry substantial appreciation over time. A charitable contribution of appreciated securities that you have held for more than one year is simple and entitles you to a double tax benefit: you receive a charitable deduction for the full current market value of the stock, and you avoid the capital gains tax on the appreciation. Find instructions for transferring securities to Cornell [pdf].
Explore other opportunities with financial benefits for both you and Cornell through a Planned Gift
Visit our gift planning website to explore multiple ways to give to Cornell. Here are a few ideas:
- Securities: Give shares of appreciated stock, mutual funds, bonds, and other investment instruments. Click here for instructions on transferring securities to Cornell [pdf].
- Real Estate and Personal Property: Donate a home, farmland, antiques, and other valuable property in your estate.
- Retirement Assets: Give IRA, 401(k), and other retirement assets to maximize your funds and avoid tax penalties.
- Life Insurance: Make Cornell the owner and or beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
- Will: Factor us into your estate plan to ensure Cornell's financial future for generations to come.