Purple Pride Ambassadors
Purple Pride Ambassadors are crucial to helping fellow Cornellians get excited about Color It Purple on Tuesday, March 27. The 18-hour giving challenge is focused on raising $175,000 for the Cornell Annual Fund. Gifts to the Cornell Annual Fund change lives by providing access to a transformative liberal arts education through scholarships, experiential learning opportunities, and a strong campus community. As a Purple Pride Ambassador we are asking you to:
- Commit to making a gift on March 27--it doesn't matter what amount you give! This could be your first, second, or even third gift to Cornell this year.
- Encourage your circle of Cornell influence to give via conversations on Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, email, phone calls, text, or anything else that works. You know your friends best and we need your help to get them excited about Color It Purple.
- Take a photo of you wearing your Cornell gear or holding your My Name will be on the Rock poster and share on social media on March 27 to encourage fellow Cornellians to participate in Color It Purple. As our thank you for your efforts every Purple Pride Ambassador will receive a poster in the mail to use too!
- Consider setting up a challenge or match for Color It Purple. Challenge members of your fraternity/sorority/social group, athletic team, residence hall neighbors, or student organization to get 25 donations and you give $1,000 or you give $5 for every donor. You may consider offering a 1:1 match for every member of your graduating class who makes a donation or match any gifts up to $1,000 for donors in your home metro area. It's up to you to decide, and challenges/matches of all dollar amounts are easy to set up on our GiveCampus online giving platform.
We are counting on volunteers from across the globe to help get all alumni and friends excited about Color It Purple. All Purple Pride Ambassadors who sign up by March 13 will get a My Name will be on the Rock poster in the mail and will be invited to a preview of our GiveCampus giving page to learn how to make a gift and get guidance on how to set up a challenge or match with your friends.
Please contact Morgan Brittain with questions.
Purple Pride Ambassador Incentives
- Sign-up as a Purple Pride Ambassador: Receive a Purple Pride Kit including a "My Name will be on the Rock!" poster
- Sign-up as an Advocate on GiveCampus and record a personal plea: Receive a thank you note from a staff member
- Sign-up as an Advocate on GiveCampus and get one gift on March 27: Receive a thank you note from a student
- Sign-up as an Advocate on GiveCampus and get 5 gifts on March 27: Receive a Cornell mini-pennant
- Sign-up as an Advocate on GiveCampus and get 10 gifts on March 27: Thank you phone call from a Cornell Alumni Student Leader
- Sign-up as an Advocate on GiveCampus and get 15 gifts on March 27: Thank you phone call from a senior Cornell administrator